Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Wheel of Life (the Twelve Houses)


I keep talking about First House, Seventh House, etc. so I figured I should say a word or two about what this means.

The Houses (in one's birth chart) are the areas of life where your life happens! Each house (there are 12) is associated with a sign and its ruling planet.

For example, the First House corresponds to Aries which corresponds to Mars which corresponds to YOU: who you are, your identity, your essence, your will. The essential ego. If you have any Aries in your life, then you know that makes sense. Aries people have a beautiful firey way of moving forward (if they aren't otherwise challenged!). They will their will! Like the ram, they charge ahead...

Venus in Aries will charge ahead in love. Mars in Aries will charge ahead in war. Mercury (communication) in Aries won't be shy to express her opinion.

So when you have planets in the first house, they have an Aries flavor to them, even if they aren't in the sign of Aries.

Remember though, you can't just look at ONE element in a birthchart and make judgements (even though I am doing some of that here). The chart as a whole creates a picture of you.

I remember my first astrology reading. I couldn't believe that this total stranger sitting across from me could know so much about me just by reading that funny looking wheel with all the little symbols. I'm an insight-junkie. Whether it's an insight into me, into you, into the world at large or spirit in general. Give me insight and I'm happy.

No comments: