Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Neptune Goggles


I was emailing with a friend today and she described herself as an intuitve astrologer, not so much "into the numbers."

I knew exactly what she meant because I feel the same way. For me, astrology (and working with someones natal chart) is mystery work, an intuitive art, an art of storytelling, your story. And that's just the beginning...

This blog is in its Aries, in its infancy. Still searching for my true subject(s) here, my true purpose, my true North.

So with my North Node in Pisces in the Sixth House (which is Virgo's house), I want my blog to reflect daily concerns and I want it to flow, to feel loose and swim.

More Pisces, less Virgo.

Less discerning and analyzing.

More.... fish.

And about the Mars Pluto aspect I was writing about the other day: it's so much easier to understand someone else's chart, isn't it? It's like giving myself a Tarot reading. My hopes and wishes (I do have a stellium in Cancer in the 11th) get in the way. Blindspots. Can't see.

And my chart is fairly Neptunian (squares and an opposition to Neptune, Pisces descendent, Venus in the 12th. You get the picture. Or maybe you don't because it's Neptune).

But then my Virgo points and planets scoop me up and bring me back to the details.

The picture above was taken in New York City, near Penn Station. I like it for Neptune thoughts because it's out of focus...

Intuition IS focus though, isn't it...

2 comments:

Elizabeth Spring said...

Hi Aliza~ I like your new blog, and wrote you a response as well on northnodeastrolgy....you have great photos and a fascinating blend of personal and useful insights! I am new to blogging too, and haven't made enough time to check out other blogs, but I certainly find in an amazing way to connect and also to learn more astrology from personal stories. I am a Neptunian myself, with Sun conjunct Neptune, and have had Pluto pass over most of my personal planets...I love what Carolyn Casey said about Pluto--that our soul passports get stamped with "been there, done that, know that territory!" A good credential for being an astrologer....hey, keep up the good work. ~elizabeth

Aliza said...

Elizabeth, thank you so much for your kind comments. I just left you a comment as well on your blog:)

I agree with you: it's a great way to connect and to learn from others.

Interesting you are Sun conjunct Neptune. Curious what house(s).I know it's not the same, but I have a good friend with Sun opposing Neptune. I empathize! She is a Pisces with a Capricorn Moon... Clarity for her is hard won....

I have been talking a little about Pluto on my blog. How did Pluto passing over your personal planets affect you or change you?