Friday, February 29, 2008

Learning Astrology and Reverb


I've learned astrology from a number of amazing astrologers/teachers. I've learned it from formal classes, from drop in groups, from one on one lessons, from readings (a great way to learn because then you are exposed to the astrologer's thought process, which fascinates me), from talking with others who also love this stuff, from doing readings, and from books.

Last night I was listening to a tape of a class I was in last year and my teacher was talking about the echo effect of aspects. Reverberation. (Did I spell that right?)

That even when an aspect has passed the exact degree as well as heading out of orb, the effect may not only still be felt, but may be quite strong!

I know that was the case with transiting Mars square my natal Pluto that I wrote about before. The most intense manifestation of that difficult aspect for me was when the aspect was separating. Hmm. It's the separation that was so hard! It was fighting to hang on!

And I think it may be different for each person and each transit as well as where the person feels it, whatever the transit, whatever the house, whatever the theory.

Ultimately how transits affect you is personal to you. Yes, there are accepted meanings and plenty of books and teachers to share those, and often they do figure in. But there is always nuance because you are special....

And this is what I love about astrology: it's where knowledge and intution meet.

So in the sky is an applying Mars/Pluto opposition. If you were sitting in front of me, I would ask you where Gemini/Cancer and Sag/Capricorn are in your chart... and we'd go from there. We'd find out how this powerful aspect will feel to you...

For me, it's 10th house (Mars) and 4th House (Pluto). I don't have too many planets at low degrees (to aspect the Mars/Pluto opposition), but I do have asteroid Hera at 1 degree Taurus, my nodes in Virgo/Pisces at 3 degrees, and... Uranus at 4 degrees of Libra. Hmm...

I'll get back to you on this one... and will hope for a swift moving Mars.

No comments: