Monday, February 25, 2008

back to saturn, back in charge?


Saturn is going to conjuct my Ascendent this summer.

My Iowa astrologer said, "It means you're back in charge." I like her view. But I'll definitely let you know how it goes... if I feel in charge! Or just somber, since it will go on to join my Moon...

This weekend I'm going to talk to someone about her Saturn Return. She's just about done with it. Are the challenges over? I look forward to hearing about her experience. I was unaware of this stuff when I was her age. Funny, that phrase "when I was her age." That, too, is Saturn.

They say Saturn teaches us what we need to learn.

In your life, when you feel stuck, which planet do YOU blame ;)

Does Neptune make you feel foggy and confused?
Does Pluto unearth what you'd rather leave hidden?
And Uranus? Expect the unexpected.

Jupiter is the "great benefic" and makes things big, but what if it's Jupiter (expansion) and Mars (energy/anger/sex). It depends on the situation, doesn't it? That's where timing comes in, which leads me back to Saturn.

Maybe you (whoever is reading this, astrology fan or dazed reader who walked in here by accident, or beloved friend I sent a link to) don't think about the planets at all. It's possible. But, you see, they think of you. Astrology is just one way, one really cool way, one set of symbols, archetypes, metaphors... to help you understand you better.

I usually don't feel each and every transit, especially if they are quick ones... and the outer planets take their time. It's not one thing, boom, and it's over. It's energy, cycles of energy. And change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Saturn waiting for the train. The man in black so to speak. I am sure Saturn will bring you a rail pass to more freedom Aliza.

kingsley