Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My New Jupiter


I'm having blog guilt.

I created this blog with much enthusiasm and astro-obsession but other stuff has taken my attention lately. I don't know if anyone is out there reading this. Someone might wind up here by accident. Are there any accidents?

But I want to talk a little about Sun and Jupiter in opposition.

One of the best ways to study and learn astrology is to pay attention to your current transits. Then you can really feel it. Feel what's going on.

So if some transiting planet is making an aspect to one of your natal planets... read up on it in books, on-line... discover what others have to say, and then match that up with your own experience.

Transiting Jupiter in Capricorn is opposing my natal Sun in Cancer and I do feel it. Wanting to expand in every direction! Lots of creative energy (Jupiter is in my 5th house), romantic energy, but it's directed, it's work (Capricorn).

And I keep wanting to make everything big. Like this blog, for example. Started it with so much Jupiter energy, as well as my webpage, but now the web page is sitting and something else, something even more important to me, but also writing related (also Jupiter) is taking my attention. With Jupiter/Sun, EVERYTHING wants to expand. Everything wants your attention. And you can't do it all. You have to choose.

And something else I read about it, which I am finding to be true: you will tempted to expand materially but you must not forget the spiritual. This has been happening with me. My meditation practice has suffered this week. I had a lot of work and a lot of creative energy, but I haven't been sitting. I will sit this morning...

Sometimes when you read about a transit, it doesn't ring true. You need to find the authors, the teachers, who resonate with you, with your experience and ideas. Learn from them, from your experience, and make it your own. Then share with others :)

Jupiter will go on to oppose my Mercury and then my Mars. Big ideas, big communications, big writing, big energy...

Last night, was at a friend's apartment and I was looking up his partner's chart. His partner also is having (or going to be having) a Sun Jupiter opposition, also in Cancer and Capricorn. How ready I was to tell him a little about what he might feel in the coming weeks...

No comments: